Piping Engineer/Designer Discipline Leader
Note to 3rd Party Agencies: Only direct applicants will be accepted, unless a placement agreement is in place. If no placement agreement is in place at time of candidate submission, no fee will be due and no fee will be paid.
Long Beach, California
We are searching for a Mechanical Engineering Discipline Leader for our Long Beach office. This is a unique opportunity to grow personally and professionally in an expanding integrated design company. We have been providing design in as integrated Oil & Gas engineering services.
If you are looking for an opportunity to challenge yourself while advancing through Oil & Gas industry , this role is made for you.
The Mechanical Engineering Discipline Leader is responsible for leading the overall design, technical quality and production activities of mechanical engineering services in the Long Beach office. The leader will provide personnel management including staff recruitment, development and leadership. With the nature of our ongoing expansion the Engineering Discipline Leader shall engage with other regional offices to grow our offering and presence through project sharing and support. The Mechanical Engineering Discipline Leader will partner with other engineering across our offices. This senior level position is highly visible to clients and employees, and as such requires maturity, assertiveness, integrity and the ability to lead, influence and persuade.
The Mechanical Engineering Discipline leader will regularly interface with both internal and external clients.
- Lead the discipline relative to all production and technical matters.
- Lead the quality of work developed by the team through review and by example.
- Provide technical assistance during the conceptual stages of a project.
- Develop and manage project dates and hour budgets, direct and coordinate staff assignments and respect construction budgets.
- Develop work plans and hours with staff giving direction, priorities and goals aimed at providing technically sound, quality design within project budgets.
- Review project documents and procedures to ensure conformity with company standards.
- Review Project Timeline requirements to increase efficiencies and implement best standards of practice.
- Work with Mechanical leadership throughout other offices to maintain corporate discipline reference details and template content.
- Represent the discipline at operations meetings.
- Conduct annual feedback reviews on employment anniversary date of staff while providing feedback on a regular basis
- Provide year-end salary and promotion recommendations.
- Manage a coordinated workload and staffing schedule.
- Recruit, develop and maintain the highest level of qualified professional staff available.
- Ascertain needs for training and educate staff through in-house seminars, discipline meetings and project mentoring.
- Motivate the staff to provide the highest quality design as part of an integrated team, interfacing with all disciplines.
- Assist in marketing efforts.
- Seal documents requiring permit and regulatory agency approvals.
- Remain current with the latest technological developments
- Represent the Company in the professional community.
- Function as a Project Team Leader, Project Manager or Principal-in-Charge when requested or required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Corporate Leadership.
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Professional Licensure.
- LEED Accredited preferred.
- Minimum 15 years’ professional experience with five years in Departmental Management.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of professional services from marketing through project close-out, including design and technical expertise.
- A comprehensive understanding of interdisciplinary coordination.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of energy modeling and Revit a plus.
- Passion for sustainable and resilient design.
- Possess strong business acumen.
- Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending client, project and construction meetings.
- Ability to access existing and new project sites for observation, investigation and evaluation purposes.
- Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes.
- Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of current job responsibilities, the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, time-sensitive assignments, or technological developments), may be required. In addition, please refer to the Employee Handbook for specific policy and procedure
To apply send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org